Vietnam Visa FAQs
We have listed the most frequently asked questions regarding visa on arrival below., However, if you have any further questions, feel free to contact us or post your questions on Vietnam Visa Answers! You will receive an answer shortly.
1/ What is visa on arrival?
This is one of, if not, the quickest and cheapest way to get your visa for Vietnam. You just need to fill in our “Online Application Form“, pay the service fee, get your “Visa approval letter” within 2 working days and pick up your visa at your destination airport (Hanoi airport, Ho Chi Minh city airport) –
After we obtain the approval letter for you, we will forward you a copy by email or fax. Copies of the same document will be forwarded on your behalf to Vietnam Immigration checkpoints at International Airports only. When you arrive in Viet Nam, the Immigration officers will have those documents ready and will be able to issue your entry visa quickly. (See our guide to visa procedure at Vietnam airports)See Also: You can check out the information below for the detailed airport map where you will pick up your visa when you arrive.
Hanoi Airport Map – Hanoi airport visa-on-arrival counter.
Ho Chi Minh city Airport Map – Ho Chi Minh city airport visa-on-arrival counter.
2/. Who need Vietnam visa?
Almost all foreigners need an Entry visa to Vietnam except some included in the Vietnam visa exemption list.
3/ How many kinds of Vietnam visa are there?
There are two ways of classification:
First, in terms of traveling purpose, there are three kinds of Vietnam entry visa:
– Tourist Visa: applied for 1 month visa
– Business Visa: applied for 3 months visa
– Visa for other purposes: applied for 3 months visa
Second, in terms of length of stay and number of entry, there are 4 types of visa:
– 1month single entry visa
– 1 month multiple entry visa
– 3 months single entry visa
– 3 months multiple entry visa
5/. What is Vietnam visa on arrival?
Vietnam Visa on arrival is the type of visa picked up at Vietnam airports.
For this type of visa, you need to submit Vietnam approval letter together with your passport (at least 6 months validity), two passport-sized photos, entry and exit form and stamping fee to Immigration Officers at the airport, the visa will be stamped onto your passport.
6/. How to get Vietnam visa on arrival?
It’s very simple. Please follow 3 simple steps:
– Get Vietnam visa approval letter by filling out the secure online form then proceed to payment.
– Print visa approval letter together with entry and exit form (fill in it before getting to Vietnam)
– Take visa approval letter, passport, 2 passport-sized photos, entry and exit form, stamping fee with you to show at Vietnam airports, then your visa will be stamped.
For further details, please follow application process.
7/. What is Vietnam Visa approval letter?
“Vietnam Visa approval letter” is a document issued by Vietnam Immigration Department (Vietnam Ministry of Public Secutiry), which supports foreigners to get Vietnam visa upon arrival (at Vietnam international airports).
8/. How does Vietnam visa approval letter look like?
Please see official Vietnam visa approval letter sample.
9/. Can I use this approval letter for entering Vietnam by land?
No, this document is only applicable for those travel by air to Vietnam.
10/. What information does I need to provide to apply for my Vietnam visa approval letter?
1. Your full name (exactly as in your passport)
2. Date of birth (DOB)
4. Passport Number
5. Proposed arrival date
6. Purpose of visit
For further information, please see full visa application form.
11/. How much does it cost to get Vietnam visa on arrival totally?
To get Vietnam visa on arrival, you need to pay two kinds of fee:
– Service fee: You pay to us to do all procedures to get your visa approval letter.
– Stamping fee: You pay in cash to Vietnam Immigration Officers to get your visa stamp.
For detail information, please read Vietnam visa fee.
12/. How long does it take me to get Vietnam visa approval letter?
Normally, after you finished your visa application and made your payment, you will get your visa approval letter via email within 1 working day (urgent service), 2 working days (normal service) and 4 working hours (super urgent service or rush service).
13/. Where can I get Vietnam visa stamp upon arrival?
By submitting visa approval letter and some other required items, you can get your stamp in three international airports in Vietnam are Noi Bai International Airport (Hanoi), Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City) and Danang Airport.
14/. What documents do I need to show to get Vietnam visa stamped upon arrival?
To get your visa stamped upon arrival, you need to show:
– Your passport
– Printed visa approval leter
– The entry and exit form (filled in before)
– Two passport-sized photos
– Stamping fee: 25 USD (single entry) or 50 USD (multiple entry visa)
15/. Can I enter Vietnam earlier than my granted arrival date in visa approval letter?
No, you cannot. You need to enter on exact date of arrival granted in your visa approval letter.
16/. Can I enter Vietnam later than my granted arrival date in visa approval letter?
Yes, you can enter later than the granted arrival date in visa approval letter providing that you exit by granted exit date.
17/. How can I pay service fee and stamping fee?
– For service fee, you pay to us by following options:
+ Using Credit/Debit card by Onepay/Paypal
+ Sending money via Western Union
+ Sending money via Bank Transfer (recommended for those are in Vietnam)
Please read Payment Guidelines for further information.
– For stamping fee, you need to pay in cash (USD) to Immigration officer at Immigration Control Desk.
18/. What is the difference between single entry visa and multiple entry visa in Vietnam?
– Single entry visa: You are permitted to enter Vietnam ONCE during your visa validity. If you would like to re-enter you need to apply for multiple entry visa.
– Multiple entry visa: You can enter and exit Vietnammany times as you want during your visa validity.
19/. What if my passport expired? Can I apply for visa to Vietnam?
You cannot apply for your Vietnam visa when your passport is expired. In your case, please renew your passport before applying your Vietnam visa. So before applying visa, you need to check your passport to make sure it is valid for at least 6 months.
20/. I am a Vietnamese, currently living overseas with a foreign nationality, how can I get a Vietnam visa?
For Vietnamese overseas, we kindly advise you to choose 2 options as belows:
– Take visa exemption by visiting Vietnam Embassy/Consulate. Further information about Vietnam visa exemption for Vietnamese overseas, please read this link http://mienthithucvk.mofa.gov.vn/.
– If you would like to save your time, please apply for Vietnam visa online with us.
21/. What is the photo requirements for Vietnam visa on arrival?
Following is the list of regulations regarding photographs for Vietnam visa on arrival:
• Two photos are required (one glued on the entry and exit form, one is presented if needed)
• Photographs must be passport-sized, identical, taken within the past 6 months.
• The image size from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head should be between 1 inch and 13/8 inches.
• The photographs may be in color or black and white.
• They must be full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background.
• Photographs should be taken in normal street attire, without a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline.
• Uniforms should not be worn in photographs with the exception of religious attire which is worn daily.
• If prescription glasses, a hearing device, wig or similar articles are normally and consistently worn, they should be worn when the picture is taken.
• Dark glasses or nonprescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless required for medical reasons. A medical certificate may be required to support the wearing of such glasses in the photographs.